Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Report. 1964-68. Bruce Conner.

(1/23/00)

This is a film about the Kennedy assassination comprised entirely of news footage and audio of the news reports. I don't even remember how I felt about it, so obviously it didn't have much impact on me.

We listen to the news reports against flickering black and white frames, we see a shot of Kennedy in the car, shown over and over. With each appearance some footage is removed at the beginning and some is added at the end. Later we see images of Kennedy intercut with images of destruction. The program notes pointed out that he was part of the program of destruction himself. He died by the same forces he trafficked with, no matter who was directing them.

1 comment:

  1. I never noticed that about each repetition subtracting footage at the beginning and adding footage at the end. I will look for that next time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete